Validation app block for asp web forms developers

Topics: Validation Application Block
Feb 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM

i'm trying the 5.0 beta version, mainly the VAB

i've noticed that the proxy validator have no code for rendering java script\rendering a corresponding asp validator...

please correct me if i'm wrong, and i'll be thrilled to be wrong, but isn't it possible to use validators that will do both server and javascript validation? (client side at least for the very simple stuff).

If there isn't i strongly recommend that you build something, because its kinda unusable without client validation. in my project we're using the 4.1 ent lib and currently (sadly) building an adapter that based on the validators of the class will create and render asp validators. i hope that you'll consider this, like me, something that should come built in.

thanks.

nadav

Feb 13, 2010 at 6:33 AM

VAB has been this way since 3.0 for many reasons. Our client side story (for now) is the integration with DataAnnotations, which can render client side validation. So use DataAnnotations to get the client side stuff, and then leverage VAB for the heavier duty server-side validation.

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:12 PM

since you're post i've search alot about data annotations, and unless i've missed something (and if i did, that something is hidden very well), the client script rendering from Data Annotations is for MVC and not for web forms... isn't that true?