I am using Enterprise lib 4.1 Oct release for my application. I am using it sucessfully for text file but when I try to use it with my sql server database as a log store. I am unable to find any documentation on how to do it. I tried
stored proc. but I am faild to store my log into the database. No exception is thrown nor any log is recorded into database. Can anyone assist me with any article or walkthrough in this regards?
You may try these steps:
- Run the sql script to create the logging database, it can be found in the Souce installation folder of Ent lib: <Drive Letter>\EntLib41Src\Blocks\Logging\Src\DatabaseTraceListener\Scripts
In your config file, do the ff(using the config tool):
- Add a Logging Application Block.
- Add a category (optional, you may use the existing).
- Configure a connection string that will use the logging database that was created by running the script.
- Add a Database Trace listener and configure its properties.
Global Technology and Solutions