ExecuteXMLReader not listed as Method

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Jul 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I'm using the June, 2006 EntLibs and I don't have ExecuteXMLReader listed as a method when picking a database command (ExecuteDataSet, etc.).  Why might I not be seeing this method as I see ExecuteScalar/Dataset/NonQuery/Reader?

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Sorry for the previous post.  You have to cast it to SqlDatabase before you can call ExecuteXmlReader.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I don’t understand.

I’m using EntLib v2.0.50727; specifically, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, and Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.

When you write But it's already available in the 2.0 version, I don’t understand what you are referring to.

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 1:19 PM
To: Bernardi, Phil (MDIT)
Subject: Re: ExecuteXMLReader not listed as Method [entlib:61882]

It's not supported in that version, I don't know the reason why. But it's already available in the 2.0 version.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Sorry, that was not the answer.  The ExecuteXmlReader is specific only to the SqlDatabase that's why its not listed in the Database class.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM

There it is. Thanks, Sara!

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 1:36 PM
To: Bernardi, Phil (MDIT)
Subject: Re: ExecuteXMLReader not listed as Method [entlib:61882]

Sorry, that was not the answer. The ExecuteXmlReader is specific only to the SqlDatabase that's why its not listed in the Database class.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com