The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block, General discussion
Jul 3, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

I am getting the following error when i try to run the project.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The dll'd refered are Customized entLib dll's.So i have given public has null in web.config.The same settings worked for me but now i am getting this error when i have taken only  Data(DAAB),ExceptionHandling(EHAB),Logging(project of Exception Handling Block), Logging.Database of Logging Application block projects and added them to my solution.Even this worked initiallly but suddenly  not working.What is the reason.Please let me know.Thanks,

Thanks,

Ravi

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Hi,

First thing to verify, make sure that the referenced assemblies are the custom ent lib dlls. Can you please remove the reference and add again? then have a rebuild. You've said that it worked for you, then what did you change before it started showing errors?

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Another thing, you can also try removing the Version, Culture and PublicKeyToken just like in the configuration in the QuickStarts sample applications.

Like this:

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.LoggingSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Thanks Dudan,

I removed all the references and added them again.It worked for me.

Thanks,

Ravi