Cannot start the Semantic Logging service for out-of-proc

Topics: Semantic Logging Application Block
Jan 20, 2015 at 6:42 AM
Edited Jan 20, 2015 at 10:09 AM
I used the following command in the “Package Manager Console” window to download the below mentioned packages
• install-package EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging
• install-package EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Service
• install-package EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.TextFile

Once the packages were installed, from the "packages\EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Service.2.0.1406.1\tools” folder i extracted the install-packages.ps1 file using the following command
"powershell –file .\install-packages.ps1"

All the assemblies are now extracted into the directory.

Now i try to start the service using the "SemanticLogging-svc.exe –s –a=LocalSystem" but the service did not start.

Please help me out in this issue as i had followed the same procedure on a couple of other machines (one on a 32 bit machine which had Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 and another a 64 bit machine which has Windows 8.1 Enterprise) and the service started and i could log using semantic logging block out-of-proc. I have got the powershell version 4 installed on my machine.

I did not receive any error message which details me what issue was nor i got any success message which displayed the service has started. I am sure i got these last time when i tried out on the above said two machines. Right now i have a 64 bit machine with Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1