Updating to version 6 question: Can you create a database from an open Sql Connection?

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Jan 14, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2015 at 8:25 PM
I have been using version 4 of this Application Block for data in my project

Rad Studio Code Generation Toolkit until today I got brave and I am updating to version 6.
http://radstudio.codeplex.com - currently it is version 5.2 but I am working on version 6 for that to be in sync with Enterprise Library.

I looked at version 5 along time ago and put it off but it is 2015 and I learned how to create
Nuget packages yesterday so I figure today I will update to Enterprise Library 6.

Now for my question which I forgot already:

In the old version there was a class called SqlHelper that went away. I learned how to use
the new version and create a database object that takes a connection string as a parameter.

In my current system I open the connection, execute the procedure and close the connection; it looks like the new version manages that for you is that correct?

Before I reorganize my code generators to not open the connection and not close it I want to ask is there a way to pass in an open SqlConnection to the CreateDatabase instead of a connection string.

Ultimately I may take out the code that opens and closes the connection but the less painful upgrade is just to pass in an open connection to create the database. Or if anyone has bothered to update the old SqlHelper class I liked it as it was all I need.