Which NuGet package to use for Transient Fault Handling Application Block for Azure Service Bus

Topics: Transient Fault Handling Application Block ("Topaz")
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Edited Nov 20, 2014 at 7:06 PM
I'm just getting started with the Azure Service Bus and am now getting into transient error handling. I want to try out the Transient Fault Handling Application Block for our enterprise solution, but I'm not sure which NuGet package I need. I see both Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.TransientFaultHandling.ServiceBus and Enterprise Library - Transient Fault Handling Application Block - Service Bus integration.

What is the difference between these packages? And which one should I use for our enterprise solution? I assume the Enterprise Library one, but it was published over a year before the Microsoft Practices one, even though both packages have the same version number. Also, both packages have different dependencies, so I assume they are not the same? Thanks.
Nov 20, 2014 at 8:24 PM
The official Enterprise Library release is Enterprise Library - Transient Fault Handling Application Block - Service Bus integration. You should use this official version.

The other looks to be a re-packaging of the Enterprise Library official code. My quick and dirty check of the decompiled code from the third party package didn't show any differences. I'm not sure what the purpose or history of that package is.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Marked as answer by deadlydog on 11/20/2014 at 12:25 PM