Strangest error on my life with EL 4.0, Posibly a bug?

Topics: Logging Application Block
May 8, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Hello, this is my scenario.

We are 5 developers for a project, we use EL 4.0, it works on all machines except on mine.  There are no compilation errors, just the following error.

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The configuration section for Logging cannot be found in the configuration source. at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ObjectBuilder.EnterpriseLibraryFactory.BuildUp[T](IReadWriteLocator locator, ILifetimeContainer lifetimeContainer, IConfigurationSource configurationSource) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ObjectBuilder.EnterpriseLibraryFactory.BuildUp[T](IConfigurationSource configurationSource) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogWriterFactory.Create() at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Logger.get_Writer() at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Logger.Write(LogEntry log) at EPM.Aguas.ROP.Soporte.Framework.Logging.Log.EscribirAutenticacion(String usuario) in E:\EPM.ROP\EPM.Aguas.ROP\EPM.Aguas.ROP.Soporte.Framework\Logging\Log.cs:line 95 at SeleccionarPlanta.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\EPM.ROP\EPM.Aguas.ROP\EPM.Aguas.ROP.Presentacion\SeleccionarPlanta.aspx.cs:line 50

The strangest thing is that it only happens to me, but no to the others developers.

1. 20 days ago we tried installing EL 4.1 to migrate but at the end we didnt make the migration so we uninstalled it from my machine and installed again 4.0

2. We noticed a strange behavior on the EL 4.0 configuration tool, even tought there is a loggin section on the web.config when I right click on web.config and click Edit EL configuration, I cant see that section visually on that editor, but the others developers do.

3: I have deleted the project and downloaded again from source control,

4. I have deleted the dlls and referenced them

5. I am stuck with this 2 days ago}

Thank you

May 11, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Does this always happen? Each time you open your config by the editor it always not show the config graphically correct. Also, the ConfigurationErrorsException you've mentioned above, sometimes this happens when the application could not find the config file. This is really strange, never encountered like this before. Another thing, in the #2, does this happened on both the stand alone editor and the visual studio integrated editor?

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.