DataAccessQuickStart Exception

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:26 AM

I use EntLib 4.1, .Net Framework 3.5, VS 2008. I got an error with DataAccessQuickStart sample.
1. Compiled successfully;
2. Show main form: OK;
3. When I clickd on the the buttons of the form, below exception was showed.

An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for dataConfiguration: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (C:\EntLib41Src\Quick Starts\Data\CS\DataAccessQuickStart\bin\Debug\DataAccessQuickStart.vshost.exe.Config line 3)

I don't know if it is in need of running scripts in the C:\EntLib41Src\Scripts. just run the BuildLibrary.bat only.
Please help me!!!

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:08 AM

Did you change the reference of the quickstart project? On a fresh install of the source code, the quickstart reference is a project reference and not assembly reference. Assembly mismatch happens when the one defined in the config is different from the one that is referenced by the project. To explain it more clearer, please see this :

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.