ODP.NET10g AddInParameter NULL Referance Exception

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Feb 24, 2009 at 2:00 PM
We are using Entlib with odp.net, firstly we managed it with 11g and everything was working perfectly but one of our clients want it to work with 10g client, so we now odp.net must as the same with the current client installation, if i am wrong let me know please. so we have managed our project to work on opd.net 10g from this point we start to get exception from oracle, which says you can not insert null

After this we debuged and followed the execution but in all steps there were values. Because of the time, we handled it with changing odp.net to system.data.oracleclient. But that was a short time solutions. We need to run the application with odp.net.

so my question is, what is the difference between 10g and 11g which causes this problem, or is this a bug from entlib, is there a solution to run it with 10g or must we use 11g. Any information regarding to this is welcome.

Have a nice work.

Himmet Yelekin
Feb 25, 2009 at 1:51 AM
Edited Feb 25, 2009 at 2:00 AM
So you have your own implementation of the Database class from DAAB which uses ODP.NET right?  See this thread..

If this doesn't solve your problem, I would also suggest you to direct this question to an ODP.NET forum since this also looks more like an ODP.NET issue - http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=146

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.