Enterprise Library 2.0 API Documentation...does it exist?

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM
I apologize in advance for asking such a goofy question. I've spent several hours searching via google, msdn, and various other sites for the Enterprise Library API docs, without success.

I have the source code, I have a bunch of HxK, HxC, HxT, HxI, and HxS files which don't seem to open in any program I can find, I have a .chm file that gives a lot of context information but no actual API specifications, and I'm somewhat at a loss where to go next.

The development environment is Visual Studio 2005, .NET Framework 2.0, with various tools and plugins. What I'm looking for is something similar to the Class Library Reference on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229335(VS.80).aspx), but for the Enterprise Library. Does it exist?
Feb 6, 2009 at 2:10 AM
It's included in the documentation once you install EntLib.  There is a Class Library section in there, right at the bottom.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com
Feb 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Sorry, but...what documentation? I can't find any.

I've installed Enterprise Library. I ran all the .bat and .exe files. I loaded up the .sln into Visual Studio.

There seems to be a problem with the filter dialog in my F1 help...there's no (unfiltered) option - just Nevron, GoDiagram, and ReSharper...if the documentation you're referring to is supposed to be accessed through F1, maybe that's my problem? Or is there supposed to be an actual document somewhere...chm or html....?
Feb 7, 2009 at 1:10 AM
After installing entlib, go to Start, Programs, Microsoft Patterns and Practices, Enterprise Library 2.0.  You will see there is an Enterprise Library Documentation there.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com