EntLibConfig.exe tool cannot open

Topics: General discussion
Aug 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
when I open the EntLibConfig.exe. My system alert a meessage "Enterprise Library Configuration Application Block Console Blocked".
I click the Debug in VS2012, VS show me an exception "Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.Practices.Unity, Version =, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35" or one of its dependencies. System can not find the file specified."

my OS is Windows 8 Pro
Aug 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM
I think the error you are seeing is "Enterprise Library Configuration Application Block Console has stopped working" and are then presented with 3 options: Check online for a solution and close the program, Close the program, Debug the program. You then clicked Debug and got the message above.

It sounds like you don't have all the assemblies required to run the Configuration Console. Ensure you have the appropriate assemblies in the directory where EntlibConfig.exe is located. The bare minimum to run the configuration console are:

Plus you also want/need the specific assemblies for the application blocks.

Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Nov 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I've encountered the same problem. Easily enough fixed, but annoying.

Is there a reason why the EntLib installer (EnterpriseLibrary6-binaries.exe) doesn't run install-packages, given that the installer itself doesn't include all the files necessary to run the EntLib config utility?
Oct 7, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I also came across this, but, after finding this thread, I noticed the "Readme.txt" that instructs you to run the powershell script so that it downloads the latest blocks from Nuget.