Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Etw.dll does not appear to be included in the Nuget Package

Topics: Semantic Logging Application Block
Jun 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I have been looking SLABExtensibility solution in the samples, with a view to create My own OutOfProcess Event Listener Host application. But "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Etw.dll" is missing in the nuget packages and the solution will not build.

I tried using the one nuget delivers with the SemanticLogging-svc service but Visual Studio complains that the version is wrong. How do I get the correct version of "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Etw.dll" to make the SLABExtensibility project build correctly?
Jun 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Yes, the assembly is not included with the solution. To get the assembly, go to the Enterprise Library 6 Download Page and download SemanticLogging-service.exe. Extract the files and you will find the correct version of Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Etw.dll.

I added the directory where I extracted the assembly to the References Path and the solution builds.

Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Marked as answer by randylevy on 10/7/2013 at 11:17 PM
Jun 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Thank you