What happened to IEventListener in Release to Web version?

Topics: Semantic Logging Application Block
May 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I wrote some custom event listeners, that inherit from Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.EventListeners.IEventListener but it does not appear this .dll was included in the RTW....?
May 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

AS you can note, the final release has many changes from the previous CTP which some of the main changes are highlighted in the release notes. For your convenience I pasted below the paragraph that briefly describes the changes related to your question:
The internal implementation has changed since the CTP release. The event listener implementations have been replaced by a set of Sink classes and an ObservableEventListener class. This has decoupled the event destinations from the event listener and enabled additional extensibility scenarios.
The database schema has changed since the CTP release. You will need to recreate any logging databases using the DatabaseSink.sql script.
The GenericDatabaseSink has been removed from the block since the CTP release.
You can get further details in Chapter 6 of the Developer Guide in the customization sections.

May 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Thanks, I had a hard time actually finding the release notes a few days ago because I didn't realize these notes for Semantic Logging where on the EntLib6 page.
May 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Edited May 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I need to use the ISinkElement.
Any idea where I can find Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Etw.dll ? It does not come with v1.0 of Semantic Logging and I cannot find it on Nuget.

Edit: I found the dll with the SemanticLogging-svc download.