Planned support for WindowsAzure.Storage 2.0.x ?

Topics: Transient Fault Handling Application Block ("Topaz")
Dec 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Dear all,

I have recently upgraded my Windows Azure application to use WindowsAzure.Storage 2.0.2 client Library. However, it appears that "topaz" still have a hard dependency on the old 1.7 "StorageClient" Library.

My immediate problem is trying to use the AzureStorageExtensions.AsAzureStorageClientRetryPolicy to convert a "topaz" RetryStrategy to a WindowsAzure.Storage client IRetryPolicy object.

Can you shed some lights as to when an upgrade could be expected. Can you highlight potential problems that I should be aware off before completing the migration ?

In my current tests, my application is running with both the WindowsAzure.Storage and the WindowsAzure.StorageClient assemblies, side by side. Do you see any showstopper with this interim configuration?

Thanks a lot for the great work.

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Glad to hear you are taking advantage of Topaz.

An upgrade is coming shortly (within next week or so). In fact, we are restructuring Topaz not to have any hard dependencies on any of the technologies. Instead, we'll manage the dependencies via NuGet.

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Does the latest version (5.1.1212.0) at include the Azure Storage 2.0 support?

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Yes, it does. Plus support for dedicated Azure Caching 1.8.

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I'm trying to play with this, it doesn't look like the AzureExtensions is updated. AzureStorageExtensions.AsAzureStorageClientRetryPolicy still returns a 1.7 StorageClient.RetryPolicy. What am I missing? Or is there a new converter class for storage 2.0?
Apr 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Rock2000, are you using the latest version from NuGet?
Apr 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Yes, I just grabbed the latest Enterprise Library 5.0 - Transient Fault Handling Block from NuGet. In Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.TransientFaultHandling.AzureStorage there is the AzureStorageExtensions class, but it only has the AsAzureStorageClientRetryPolicy method, which returns a RetryPolicy object for Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient (1.7).
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
You are right. This is one of the stories on the backlog which haven't been implemented yet. It’s not just a matter of recompiling it to target 2.0. I'll advise when it's done.