Nov 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
If I have a roleInstanceCount operand aggregated to "Last" with a timespan of every minute. I am curious when this count would be updated in table storage. Is it triggered on:
- successful scale notification event success to increase/decrease the role's instances
- roles that are currently responding and ready
- something else
For example, consider the following scenario:
- My Azure deployment has an instance count is 1
- My reactive rule fires off to increase my Azure deployment instance count to 2.
- Scale request was successfully received.
- Azure starts up a new role.
- My deployment has 2 instances started and running.
I assume step 3 is when table storage is updated. Is that correct? If not, what event triggers the update to instance count in table storage?
You should read How the Autoscaling Application Block Works if you haven't already.
The DataCollector is triggered by the Metronome with a predefined interval of 2 minutes.
Enterprise Library support engineer