WCF, NHibernate and Enterprise library ==> Exception Handling Application Block disappears

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Nov 13, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Hello,

I have this strange problem when using the exception handling block of Enterprise library in my WCF Service.

I use de design mode to config the exception handling. When I test it everything works. But when I close the Config file and re-open it, the exception block is deleted in design.. (the code remains)

After a few runs or I don't know what it triggers, the code in the config file is also deleted.

I really have no idea what the problem could be.

The Validation block remains untouched and works fine so.. Every idea is very welcome!

Thanks,

Bert

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:19 AM
Hi Bert,

Have u tried adding again the exception handling block to see if the problem still persist?

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com
Nov 14, 2008 at 8:12 AM
Hello,

Tried that several times yea..

Same thing again. Everything works. But when I close and re-open, the exception handling block is gone..
Nov 14, 2008 at 9:14 AM
Hi Bert,

You may take a look at this. Same situation as yours:
http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9373

Valiant Dudan
Avanade, Inc.
Nov 14, 2008 at 1:12 PM
yes, this situation looks the same.. (tried opening it in enterprise config tool and worked)

But still there is one more problem. After a while (I still don't know what triggers it) The code is also deleted..

And the other topic was never really solved was it?
Nov 17, 2008 at 6:20 AM
Edited Nov 17, 2008 at 6:21 AM

Hi Bert,

Is it ok if you would send me your solution files? and also, I forgot to ask, what version of Ent Lib are you working on?

Valiant Dudan
Avanade, Inc.

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:34 AM
Hi,

I use version 4 - May 2008.

I'll try to send it right away.

Thanks.

Bert
Nov 19, 2008 at 5:40 AM
Hi Bert,

I wasn't able to repro your error. Its working fine and never loses the exception block. Have you tried removing your custom handler and replacing it with another (say Logging handler) see what happens. 

Valiant Dudan
Avanade, Inc.