Some questions ...

Topics: Logging Application Block
Sep 4, 2008 at 6:13 AM
Hey !

I'm new to Logging Application Blocks, and have some issues.
1) E-Mail : I made a full configuration for an E-Mail tracer, but don't get an E-Mail notification. All settings are correct, including the mail server's IP. I used a network sniffer for testing if there are any packets that go out to the mail server, but there weren't any what so ever. I don't know where I'm getting wrong.

2) Database : I saw a project that uses the DB tracer to log on SQL server, which has a special table just for it . I was wondering where did the programmer get the table creation from (I can't ask his, so I'm asking here). The table is with columnns like LogID, EventID, Priority etc.
I want to use this tracer also, but don't know how to create this table from scratch (I don't want to copy, because I want to understand where it came from).

Thank you guys and sorry if these are rookey questions ..
Sep 4, 2008 at 7:48 PM

About the issue with the E-Mail trace listener, it's hard to tell. If you're willing to go deep, which I assume is the case since you're using a network sniffer :), I suggest you just download EntLib's full symbols from and debug the trace listener's TraceData method.

You can get the script to create the database in the Blocks\Logging\Src\DatabaseTraceListener\Scripts folder when you install EntLib's source code.