Some questions ...

Topics: Logging Application Block
Sep 4, 2008 at 7:13 AM
Hey !

I'm new to Logging Application Blocks, and have some issues.
1) E-Mail : I made a full configuration for an E-Mail tracer, but don't get an E-Mail notification. All settings are correct, including the mail server's IP. I used a network sniffer for testing if there are any packets that go out to the mail server, but there weren't any what so ever. I don't know where I'm getting wrong.

2) Database : I saw a project that uses the DB tracer to log on SQL server, which has a special table just for it . I was wondering where did the programmer get the table creation from (I can't ask his, so I'm asking here). The table is with columnns like LogID, EventID, Priority etc.
I want to use this tracer also, but don't know how to create this table from scratch (I don't want to copy, because I want to understand where it came from).

Thank you guys and sorry if these are rookey questions ..
Sep 4, 2008 at 8:48 PM
Hi,

About the issue with the E-Mail trace listener, it's hard to tell. If you're willing to go deep, which I assume is the case since you're using a network sniffer :), I suggest you just download EntLib's full symbols from http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=13498 and debug the trace listener's TraceData method.

You can get the script to create the database in the Blocks\Logging\Src\DatabaseTraceListener\Scripts folder when you install EntLib's source code.

Regards,
Fernando