Can we change the value in IsolatedStorage

Topics: Caching Application Block , Cryptography Application Block
Aug 26, 2008 at 12:27 PM
I have to store some data on local machine, and I use IsolatedStorage backingStore to retrieve my data. When I deploy my application, I use data stored on my local machine. For some reasons, I want to change the value of some data in cache. Please let me know , can I do that , and how to do it ? Thanks for support. !

And more require , if I encrypt my data store on Cache, Can I change the value of some data ?
Aug 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM
Storing data in the IsolatedStorageFile is really an implementation detail of the cache. Are you trying to access the data without using the cache?
I guess you can do it using the raw isolated storage API, just like the caching implementation does, but why would you want to do it?

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:22 PM
Thanks for your reply, but my goal is that I retrieve some of my data on IsolatedStorage backing store.
And when I run my application , I use data stored on cache . And now I want to change the value of my data cached on local machine  . I don't understand your suggest clearly. lease explain me more. Thanks for helping !
Aug 27, 2008 at 12:56 PM

When you use a CacheManager, the fact that the cached objects are serialized and stored in isolated storage is a configuration-driven implementation detail; your application should just invoke methods on the cache manager.

Even if you accessed the objects stored in isolated storage (which you could do by creating an instance of IsolatedStorageBackingStore and invoking its methods if you really wanted), the updated values will not be refreshed in the in-memory cache.

Why can't you just update the values using the cache manager?