Issues with TransactionScope

Aug 6, 2008 at 10:24 PM
Hi guys

I'm having an issue when trying to use TransactionScope with enterprise library 3.1.
I have the following code:

Using scope As TransactionScope = New TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.RequiresNew)         
                         currentClient = DataProvider.GetClientByClentID(clientID)                  
                    Catch ex As System.Exception
                    End Try
            End Using

I get an exeption inside this method:  currentClient =   currentClient = DataProvider.GetClientByClentID(clientID)   

The rough traslation of the exception message goes something like this:  "The partenaire of the transaction manager has disabled the support of long distance/network transaction".
I have no idea of what that means and what is the cause.
Could some body please give me a clue on this error.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Looks like distributed transactions are not supported by your infrastructure, but it's hard to tell without error details. Do you have access to an error code and a stack trace? Also, what kind of database are you using? Does your transaction span different servers?

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM
Hi  Fernando

Thanks for the reply. The name of the exception being thrown is: TransactionException. I'm trying to access a SQL Server database. The transactions dont span different servers

this is the original exception message:
Le partenaire du gestionnaire de transactions a désactivé la prise en charge des transactions à distance/par réseau. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8004D025)

here's the stack trace:

Ultima.DataAccess.dll!Ultima.DataAccess.DataAccessHelper.GetStoredProcCommand(String storedProcedureName = "Client_Select") Line 56    Basic
     Ultima.Outils.DataAccess.dll!Ultima.Outils.DataAccess.DataProviders.PubliPostageDataProvider.GetClientByEntiteID(Integer EntNumero = 405) Line 142 + 0xb bytes    Basic
     Ultigestion.exe!Ultima.Outils.PubliPostage.DoPubliPostages(Object publiPostageParams = {Ultima.Outils.PubliPostageThreadParameters}) Line 143 + 0xb bytes    Basic
     mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(object state) + 0x57 bytes   
     mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(object userData) + 0x43 bytes   
     [Native to Managed Transition]   
     [Managed to Native Transition]   
     mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) + 0xa7 bytes   
     mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) + 0x92 bytes   
     mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(object obj) + 0x4a bytes   

Thanks for any help.
Aug 8, 2008 at 5:01 PM

This could help you The english version of the error message is "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions".

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:58 PM
Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your help. That solved my problem.