MessageTemplateResourceType

Topics: Validation Application Block
Jul 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM
I cannot get a validator to retrieve a non-default resource. Always the default resource is being taken.

I added a resource named "Validation.resx" to my project. VS automatically added the ResXFileCodeGenerator for it. I then added a "Validation.de.resx" and VS did not add the generator. On compilation, a new DE folder is created in the bin/debug directory and using reflector I can see all resources.

On unit-testing I check the CurrentCulture = 'de-AT' and CurrentUICulture = 'de-DE'. but still the default/english resource text is being used.

any ideas?

regards, Tilli
Jul 24, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Hi,

There's a known issue that causes validators to be cache the first localized message. Can you test trying the "de-DE" culture first?

Fernando
Jul 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM
hi! my locale is never changed. so it's always as stated above.
Jul 24, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Hi,

Can you post a repro? How are you specifying validators? What kind of app are you building?

I've just tried with a simple console app using attribute-driven validation and it worked fine. I've defined a Validation resx file and a Validation.es.resx that generates the satellite assembly just as you describe.

using System;

using System.Linq;

using System.Threading;

using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Validators;

namespace ValidationLocalizationRepro

{

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("es-ES");

var customer = new Customer { Name = "ABCDEF" };

var results = Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Validation.Validate(customer);

Console.WriteLine(results.ElementAt(0).Message);

}

}

class Customer

{

[StringLengthValidator(

MessageTemplateResourceName = "Message1",

MessageTemplateResourceType = typeof(Validation))]

public string Name { get; set; }

}

}

<!--EndFragment-->

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:30 AM
thanks for checking! I basically did exactly as you did. I'll try your sample with my binaries and see if I can repro the problem!

regards, Tilli
Jul 25, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Hi,

I had similar issues yesterday.
My messagetemplates are cached in the culture of the first user who hits the validators.

You could reset the cache by doing.
ValidationFactory.ResetCaches

Or you could like I did change the source of the ValidationFactory.cs
        public static Validator<T> CreateValidator<T>(bool cacheValidator)
        {
            return CreateValidator<T>(string.Empty, ConfigurationSourceFactory.Create(), cacheValidator);
        }

Greets
Kris

Jul 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM
thanks! seems the 4.0 source has gotten a bit more complicated. I'll see if I can figure out how to turn caching off