IntelliTrance breaks AutoScaler WASABI

Topics: Windows Azure Integration Pack
Jan 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Hi,

I've implemented my second solution with the AutoScaler Application Block. For debugging purposes I enabled IntelliTrace for the Solution.

I uploaded the Solution and the Worker Role with WASABI kept cycling and never went up.

I checked the IntelliTrace report and got following exceptions:

Thrown: "Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.Autoscaler", name = "(none)".
Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.Rules.Configuration.BlobXmlFileRulesStore(Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.AzureStorage.ICloudStorageAccount account, System.String blobContainerName, System.String blobName, System.TimeSpan blobMonitoringRate, Microsoft.Practices.Ent" (Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException) Exception Message = "Resolution of the dependency failed, type = \"Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.Autoscaler\", name = \"(none)\".\r\nException occurred while: Calling constructor Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.Rules.Configuration.BlobXmlFileRulesStore(Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.AzureStorage.ICloudStorageAccount account, System.String blobContainerName, System.String blobName, System.TimeSpan blobMonitoringRate, Microsoft.Practices.Ent", Exception Type = "Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException" 

+  Thrown: "Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type Autoscaler, key """ (Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ActivationException) Exception Message = "Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type Autoscaler, key \"\"", Exception Type = "Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ActivationException" 

After that my role died and I got further exceptions which state, that Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation could not be found / loaded, but I dont know if that is relevant because the Thread already exited.

If I disable IntelliTrace, everything works fine.

Am I missing something or is this designed behavior?

Greets

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:38 AM

From the Release Notes: "IntelliTrace is not supported for the Autoscaling Application Block.

Workaround: To address this issue, you will need to disable IntelliTrace on the Autoscaling Application Block assembly.
To do this, add Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.* to the list of excluded modules."

--
Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
entlib.support@live.com