Is there any way I can find out what the difference is between 5.0.414 vs 5.0.505.
Is there a described versioning strategy? Can I safely update to 505? Can I tell by the version number that there should be no breaking changes? Will the Minor version be changed to indicate breaking changes?
Version 5.0.505.0 is also called Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0 Optional Update 1. It includes:
The details changed are described in the blog post,
Silverlight Integration Pack for Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0 released!:
- Updates to the Validation Application Block validator attributes to support integration with WCF RIA Services
- Usability improvements to the configuration console
- Support for profiles in the configuration console (to tailor.NET and Silverlight-specific configurations)
- Updated version of Unity 2.1 with Unity Interception fixes
- Enterprise Library Validation extension for Unity fix
- File configuration source with relative paths fix
There shouldn't be any breaking changes with Optional Update 1 -- it is mostly bug fixes along with Silverlight support/enhancements.
Enterprise Library support engineer