Compatibility with MONO (caching block)

Topics: Caching Application Block
Sep 5, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Hi,

I tried to use this for an application I developed on Windows with .net 3.5 but run mainly under linux and MONO 2.4.4.  Works prefectly under .net.  Possibly the answer to all my in memory caching issues, but sadly when trying to initialise the cachemanager with

cache_sql = Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.CacheFactory.GetCacheManager()

an exception is always thrown.  Doesn't occur under .net.   No err.description is actually given so I don;t have a clue yet what is wrong. 

I'm aware from searching for a solution that there were a few hardcoded incompatible paths, but looking at the source, I think this is probably only when you are using the disk based storage methods and other classes? 

Has anyone gotten this to work under MONO/Linux?  If so, I'd love to know what was involved.

Thanks.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:00 AM

I'm not really sure if Entlib is really compatible with Mono. But I've seen that there is an Enterprise Library that is built for Mono. I hope this would address your concern. Here is the link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lark/

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade Software
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Sep 6, 2011 at 9:03 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Thanks for the response.  Seems quite old.  Version 2.0.  I'm trying to get it to run.  Works OK under windows with similar cache functionality, but no luck under mono.  No notes or comments for the project either, so I'm not even sure if this is a working prject or not!