Have anyone able to successfully use SL library for Entlib 5.0

Topics: Logging Application Block
Jul 11, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Hello All,

I am trying to use the Logging Application block with SL.  I looked at the examples, I downloaded the RI, and I downloaded the SLLoggingDemo as well.

I cannot get the application to run, anyone having this issue?

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I downloaded the normal NON-SL examples and was able to run fine.  Just SL cannot get to run.

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:39 AM

Hi,

Can you be more specific on the issue you are encountering? Did you encountered compile time and/or runtime errors? Have you already accomplished the necessary prerequisites for the SL Integration Pack to run?

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:07 AM

I tried to follow the documentation provided in the RC May 2011 Chm file in the section "Using the Remote Service Trace Listener", I could not get that part to work.

Can you provide a working example of this?

The Video on the topic does not demo this topic.

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:58 AM

I've send it to your other email. Kindly check if you have received it.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:48 PM
I did receive it thank you very much.
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 11:58 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Have anyone able to successfully use SL library for Entlib 5.0 [entlib:264707]

I've send it to your other email. Kindly check if you have received it.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I cannot get the application to run too. Exception is:

“The configuration content has an invalid format. The content should be in XAML format and the root element must be an instance of IDictionary. Each entry in the dictionary should correspond to each configuration section.”

And the inner one:

“The type 'LoggingSettings' was not found because 'http://entlib.codeplex.com/v5/configuration' is an unknown namespace. [Line: 6 Position: 112]”

P. S. If I open configuration.xaml i’ll get the same error of unknown namespace 'http://entlib.codeplex.com/v5/configuration' and bunch of unkwown types. I have silverlight integration pack, optional update etc. What I’m doing wrong?

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Hi,

Seems to be a reference issue. Have you checked if the reference dlls are blocked?

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM

In Configuration.xaml I changed this

xmlns:el="http://entlib.codeplex.com/v5/configuration"

to this:

xmlns:el="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration;assembly=Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Silverlight"

it then complained that 'MaxSizeInBytes' is not defined. I changed MaxSizeInBytes=2048 to MaxSizeInKilobytes="2"

Jul 16, 2011 at 10:37 PM
are you able to run the application with this change?
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Have anyone able to successfully use SL library for Entlib 5.0 [entlib:264707]

In Configuration.xaml I changed this

xmlns:el="http://entlib.codeplex.com/v5/configuration"

to this:

xmlns:el="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration;assembly=Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Silverlight"

it then Complained that 'MaxSizeInBytes' is not defined. I changed MaxSizeInBytes=2048 to MaxSizeInKilobytes="2"

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Yes the sample application ran and logged information.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:18 PM
Can I bother either of you to forward me the application again. sfrolich, if you can forward me your working version it would be great.
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 10:05 AM

Yes the sample application ran and logged information.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I'd be glad to but not sure how to send it to you since your email is hidden.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:51 PM
it should not be hidden any more.
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 10:37 AM

I'd be glad to but not sure how to send it to you since your email is hidden.