Enterprise Library 5.0 Compatability with Windows 7 Embedded OS

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

We are developing the project which uses the Microsoft .net Framework 4 and Visual studio 2010 on Windows 7 embedded Standard OS.We are planning to include the Microsoft enterprise Library 5.0 on this platform. I hope enterprise library depends on .netframework not mainly on OS. But still some security permission need to given by the OS. Anyone, please confirm Windows 7 embedded Standard OS is compatible with Enterprise Library 5.0.

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Windows 7 Embedded OS is not listed on Enterprise Library 5.0 System Requirements so I assume that they are not compatible.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM

All you can assume from the lack in the list is that we didn't explicitly test it. The team can't guarantee compatibility without an explicit test pass (which there's no budget to do, so please don't ask :-) ), but it primarly depends on the framework not the OS, so it should just work.

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Thanks for responses. I too have same assumption, enterprise Library runs on Framework not depend on OS. But any where enterprise library requires any permission from the OS. I have successfully installed enterprise Library 5.0 on Windows 7 Standared Embedded OS. Is it confirmation of enterprise library is compatable with OS. Please confirm. do i need run any other test cases to check the compatability.