Reporting tools for using the exception logging app block

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
May 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I'm just getting started with the logging app block.  Since the database schema is set with this I as curious what kind of reporting tools are available for it?  I'd assume (hope) that since this has been around for a while that there are some decent web based reporting tools floating around.  It would be really nice if there was something with a subscription based model that could send out email alerts based on an exception type and period of time.  Though that is outside the current scope of the schema but it wouldn't be hard to do.  I was just surprised I didn't turn anything up real quick so I figured I'd ask what people are doing here.  Obviously developers often query the database directly but there is a lot of value to exposing the exception data to a testing team that may not be directly querying the database.  I also could write something like this pretty quick but no need to reinvent the wheel.  Thanks in advance.

May 13, 2011 at 5:48 AM

I'm afraid I can't provide much information regarding with your question. It is something outside the scope of Enterprise Library already. I was just thinking you might have to create a custom application to achieve the functionality you want.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.