ResolutionFailedException

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Apr 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Hi

Getting the follwoing error when i add the Fault contract handler policy.If i remove this it works fine. Ca you please let me know how i can resolve this.

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionManager", name = "(none)".
Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.FaultContractExceptionHandler(Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Utility.IStringResolver exceptionMessageResolver, System.Type faultContractType, System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection attributes).
Exception is: ArgumentNullException - Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: faultContractType
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionManagerImpl,ExceptionManager.__default__ (mapped from Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionManager, (none))
  Resolving parameter "exceptionPolicies" of constructor Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionManagerImpl(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicyImpl, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]] exceptionPolicies, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Instrumentation.IDefaultExceptionHandlingInstrumentationProvider instrumentationProvider)
    Resolving Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicyImpl,CustodyPostingServicePolicy
    Resolving parameter "policyEntries" of constructor Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicyImpl(System.String policyName, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicyEntry, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]] policyEntries)
      Resolving Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicyEntry,CustodyPostingServicePolicy.CustomException
      Resolving parameter "handlers" of constructor Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicyEntry(System.Type exceptionType, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.PostHandlingAction postHandlingAction, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.IExceptionHandler, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]] handlers, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Instrumentation.IExceptionHandlingInstrumentationProvider instrumentationProvider)
        Resolving Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.FaultContractExceptionHandler,CustodyPostingServicePolicy.CustomException.Custom Fault Contract Exception Handler (mapped from Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.IExceptionHandler, CustodyPostingServicePolicy.CustomException.Custom Fault Contract Exception Handler)
        Calling constructor Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.FaultContractExceptionHandler(Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Utility.IStringResolver exceptionMessageResolver, System.Type faultContractType, System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection attributes)

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Can you post your relevant code and config here?

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:58 AM

Thank you. I was able to solve it.