Log Exceptions to Database wizard

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
Jan 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I have set up enterprise library configuratio using "Log Exceptions to Database" wizard from Configuration tool (v5.0).

All I have added try catch block in code and called ExceptionPolicy.HandleException method in catch block.

However its not working and also not giving error. ( I have make sure that code throws an exception). Can someone point me to find out any issue.

Also can someone point me to document/web page/blog which provides information about SP (its parameter) and Table structure being used for logging exception into database (in case for this wizard configuration)

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:46 PM

If you configured a trace listener (except a database trace listener) under the Logging Errors and Warnings, it should be able to provide a log message which indicates what exception occurred while logging to the database. 

I don't know of any resource where the Logging database is documented but each column in the Log table just maps to each property of a Log Entry object.  Same goes for the stored procedure parameters.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technologies & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.