Documentation is hard to get to?

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:33 AM
Edited Feb 16, 2008 at 7:58 AM
I've installed Enterprise Library, but when I go to the 'Docs' folder, there's nothing I can click on to get documentation. There's nothing added in VisualStudio help or help in general that I can get to. And for whatever reason, there's nothing in Start/Programs (that shouldn't be the only place to find it anyway)
Why is it so difficult? Can we not just release documentation either in HTML or compiled HTML file sitting, nice and obviously, in the 'Docs' folder?
Feb 18, 2008 at 12:28 PM
I totally agree improved documentation would be really useful for this, including having it simply in the doc folder.

Anyway I don't know if you solved your lack of help file issue, but the short cut for Enterprise Library Documentation that it installs in the start menu is :

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help 8\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://ms.EntLib.2007May /LaunchFKeywordTopic EnterpriseLibrary2007May.Introduction /filter "Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007"

You don't say which version you installed but I'm sure you can modify the short cut depending on the version, oh and which drive you've installed VS on obviously. Hope it helps.