Urgent - Entlib 3.1 - Deployment Problem

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:56 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2010 at 2:47 AM

I created an application using Entlib 3.1 in my development PC and everything works fine.

Now I need to deploy this on my UAT server. I installed Entlib 3.1 on the server and executed the file "BuildLibraryAndCopyAssemblies.bat" from the location c:\EntLib3Src\App Blocks.

When I run the application, I don't get any error. When I do an operation that uses Data Application block and updates the data. It does notthing. Does not update DB and no errors also. I am clueless.

FYI: When I installed the above batch file, I got an error as below:

Build FAILED. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework \v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.target

s : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Micro soft.Data.ConnectionUI". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework \v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Micro soft.Data.ConnectionUI.Dialog".

Then I copied the 3 files Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI.xml, Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI.dll, Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI.Dialog.dll into the folder Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727.
After that the batch file was successful. My application does not work.

Can anyone tell me what could be wrong. I need to fix this by today.
I am very doubtful about the data application block, as the other steps such as validation and the following messages are properly displayed. Just that data not being update and no errors also. I am missing something simple but cant get what it is.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Please see the solution here: http://objectmix.com/dotnet/95213-enterprise-library-3-1-fails-buildscript.html . And also, try running a sql profiler to see if there is a interaction between your app and the database.

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Thanks Valiant,

I managed to fix the problem. It was a connection issue with the Database.