Problem logging to database, no exception thrown

Topics: Data Access Application Block, Logging Application Block
Dec 12, 2007 at 9:59 PM
I have two databases, one for the project and the other as a file in the unit test project. When i have my connection string in the app.config of my unit test project set to the main database it works fine. When i set the connection string to the database file in my unit test project it doesn't write to it and doesn't throw any exception.

I am using the data access layer to check the log put into the database in each unit test. So I set up a method to use the data access layer to write to the database and called it from one of the unit test, and it works. There is only one connection string in the app.config, so they should both be using the same connection string.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? or suggestions?

Thanks
Dec 13, 2007 at 3:32 PM
I have found the problem, I didn't make the stored procedures when i created the database file. It works fine now.

Thanks,
Dec 30, 2007 at 5:58 AM
I have the same issue; I've had it in the past as well. I can't remember if I just dropped it or figured it out.

I do have my tables and stored procedures set up. I even have an eventlog trace listener for errors and warnings. I run under administrator and

I. Get. Nothing.

I want an exception. I want SOMETHING that tells me what the hell is going on.

There HAS to be a very short list of very simple answers as to why logging fails. This list includes

Database schema not present
Sprocs not present
Principal does not have the rights to write to the event log
Principal does not have the rights to write to the database

All those reasons don't apply in my situation. What other reasons are there?