Banner page for the Security Block

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, General discussion, Security Application Block
Nov 27, 2007 at 7:37 PM

The software we develop here is for the DOD (Department of Defense) and there is a requirement that all applications display a consent banner after logging in. As all applications have to have that I figured it would be best to have it as part of the login. Well, I couldn't find anything like that in the security block so can anyone tell me where it is if it already exists or clue me in on how to add it to the library if I need too?

Which begs the question: If I to to the trouble to put that functionality into the security block what are the chances it would get into the Contrib library?

MArk B.
Nov 28, 2007 at 4:32 PM

What actions should the user do on this banner page? Does this page differ from user to user or this page is the same for all?

Thanks, Leonid
Nov 28, 2007 at 8:44 PM

The requirement is that everyone that logs into the system will get the message every time. The message will be the same for everyone.

From what I can tell the requirement is not specific as to acceptable actions after the message is displayed. Almost every implementation I've seen so far has a message box with an OK button. Some have Accept/Decline. Selecting OK or Accept passes the user right through. Clicking Decline sends the user to a “Sorry” or “Access Denied” page.

I haven’t looked but it’s my guess that in my case using a timeout on the page would not be acceptable. But if I’m to write something that’s going to go into the Contrib library it would have that as a configurable option.

MArk B.