Building EntLib 3.1 strong-name assemblies

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, General discussion
Sep 5, 2007 at 2:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to build strong-name assemblies for EntLib 3.1 using the Strong Naming Guidance Package. Do I need to add the InternalsVisibleTo attribute?
I believe I do, and I used it on the whole solution; but then I get errors like:

[assembly: InternalsVisibleTo("Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.Design, PublicKey=002400....

is invalid and cannot be found. And indeed I don't find that assembly. However without signing everything compiles fine.

Has anybody an idea about what I'm doing wrong?

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:20 PM
I also tried this with 3.0 but I ran into the same problem. Somebody must have done this before and know what I'm doing wrong.
Help would be really appreciated.

Sep 9, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Hi Jan -

The Strong Naming Guidance Package will add the public key to any InternalsVisibleToAttributes it finds automatically, so there shouldn't be any need to do anything by hand.

I'm not sure what the story is with that assembly, but I suspect it may have been merged into the main Common.Configuration.Design assembly, in which case you should just be able to remove the InternalsVisibleToAttribute altogether.

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:43 AM
Thanks Tom,

This worked fine indeed.