Create data repository problem

Topics: Data Access Application Block, Enterprise Library Core
Aug 21, 2007 at 8:50 AM
Hello world,

Under VS2005 with EL 3.1, when i want to "Create data repository classes from business entities" and when the wizard want to obtain the list of stored prodedure, i have the message : "There was an error trying to obtain the liste of stored procedure".
But I have the rights for this on the sql server 2000.
I try directly an "select * from sysobjects where xtype = 'P' ;" and it's ok.

Do you have some idea ?

Thanxs
Aug 21, 2007 at 10:26 AM
Hi,
The wizard asks for connection name in "Database connection properties" page.
if you are selecting that correctly, Try to edit your web or app config with EL 3.1 configuration manager and add new connection with new name (for test),
And use its connection builder to create and test your new connection, Then in connection name in "Database connection properties" select your new connection.
I hope you'll find the problem.

Regards,
Mohsen
Aug 21, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Hi,
Thanxs for your response.
I use SQL Server Profiler for trace the echange between wizard and sql server and i see that the second requete and on the 9 field 'DATA_TYPE' where is MSG 451 SQL Error. For the correct execution i precise the COLLATE for this field and my requet run.
Now i know where is the error and why, but i don't know how to correct this problem.
I test on an another SQL Server and it's working fine. I suppose it's a classement problem.
Who help me ?

Thanxs
Aug 21, 2007 at 10:55 AM

mohsenrahimi wrote:
Hi,
The wizard asks for connection name in "Database connection properties" page.
if you are selecting that correctly, Try to edit your web or app config with EL 3.1 configuration manager and add new connection with new name (for test),
And use its connection builder to create and test your new connection, Then in connection name in "Database connection properties" select your new connection.
I hope you'll find the problem.

Regards,
Mohsen

For information : I try your ticks but same error.
Aug 21, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Hi,
Are your Database collation and your Sql Sever (master database) collation the same?
Aug 21, 2007 at 1:54 PM
Hi,
No it's not the same :
my Database --> SQLLatin1GeneralCP1CIAS and master --> FrenchCI_AS
Aug 21, 2007 at 3:07 PM
Hi,
Could you test the procedure of retreiving procedure list on a database that has the same collation as your sql server

koala59230 wrote:
Hi,
No it's not the same :

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM
Hi,

koala59230 wrote:
Hello world,

Under VS2005 with EL 3.1, when i want to "Create data repository classes from business entities" and when the wizard want to obtain the list of stored prodedure, i have the message : "There was an error trying to obtain the liste of stored procedure".
But I have the rights for this on the sql server 2000.
I try directly an "select * from sysobjects where xtype = 'P' ;" and it's ok.

Do you have some idea ?

Thanxs

Is this post about the WSSF feature? If so, please refer to the WSSF forum at http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/List.aspx. There is a similar question at http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=8015.

Regards,
Fernando
Aug 22, 2007 at 11:52 AM
Hi,
I test this procedure and when the server collation and database collation are different cause the error.
is it a bug ?

mohsenrahimi wrote:
Hi,
Could you test the procedure of retreiving procedure list on a database that has the same collation as your sql server

koala59230 wrote:
Hi,
No it's not the same :

Aug 22, 2007 at 12:27 PM
Hi,
What ever it is. It is something about Sql Server 2000. because I dont have such problem in Sql server 2005. if your Sql server dosen't have latest service pack
try to install it. or if it's posible try to match your database and your server collation with rebuilding Sql server master database or altering your database

Regards,
Mohsen
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Hi,
I test on SQL Server 2005 too and i have the same problem.
Sql server are in lastest service pack.
thanxs for your help.

mohsenrahimi wrote:
Hi,
What ever it is. It is something about Sql Server 2000. because I dont have such problem in Sql server 2005. if your Sql server dosen't have latest service pack
try to install it. or if it's posible try to match your database and your server collation with rebuilding Sql server master database or altering your database

Regards,
Mohsen

Aug 26, 2007 at 8:06 AM
Edited Aug 26, 2007 at 9:52 AM
Hi,
this link is about collation problem and might be helpful.
http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid87_gci1186718,00.html

Regards,
Mohsen
Aug 29, 2007 at 4:09 PM
Any solution for this issue?

I installed everything again, but it is still there. Can't get list of stored procedures