Error saving config to file.

Topics: Data Access Application Block, General discussion
Jul 24, 2007 at 7:28 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2007 at 7:28 PM
Hi I just downloaded enterprise library 3.1 and installed it. I was trying to test it. I edited the enterprise library configuration from visual studio added data access application block section and when I try to save the config file I get the error saying unable to save config to file. Any I idea why this is happening.
I got the same error when i tried doing it outside visual studio using the Enterprise library configuration tool.
Any idea as to whats happening?
Jul 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM
Hi,

Do you get any other information describing the error? Please copy the error information verbatim.

Also, do you get any errors logged in the error list?

Regards,
Fernando
Jul 24, 2007 at 9:35 PM
These are the errors in the error list.
Error 1 Unable to save config to file 'C:\EntLib30Test\EntLib30Test\App.config'. C:\EntLib30Test\EntLib30Test\App.config 0 0 EntLib30Test
Error 2 Unable to save config to file 'C:\EntLib30Test\EntLib30Test\App.config'. C:\EntLib30Test\EntLib30Test\App.config 0 0 EntLib30Test

I also get an message box with error saying "The operation could not be completed. Unspecified error"
Jul 25, 2007 at 2:15 PM
Hi,

This is quite strange. Does this happen with all configuration files? Please try with an empty configuration file and with a configuration file from the quickstarts. If they work fine, please describe your configuration.

Fernando