Timestamp pattern

Topics: Logging Application Block
May 24, 2007 at 9:51 PM
I am trying to use the new feature of rolling log file, however it does not recognize the new rolling attributes in my config file. When I reference EntLib files from GAC or locally, the RunTime Version is v2.0.50727 but actuall version is 3.0.0. I suspect that is to do with EntLib 2.0 existing on the machine. But cannot see why it can cause problem. I am specifically asking for version 3.0. BTW, I have also used COnfiged Assembly in Admin tool to always run version 3.0 but no luck.

thanks for your input/help.
May 25, 2007 at 3:06 AM
The runtime version is referring to the CLR version, so I don't think this is an issue. Could you provide more details on what specific errors you are getting?

Tom
May 28, 2007 at 4:53 PM
I want to use the new xml attributes for rolling file such as timestampPattern, etc. But it does not recognize the attributes. There are no spelling or case errors since I copy and paste from MSDN help. The error message indicates the attribute is not recognized. So I concluded that my code my be referring to version 2.0. But it should not since the dll in BIN, GAC, and config file version all point to version 3.0