Discussions under Semantic Logging Application Block

Changing TimeStamp in Azure Sink for SLAB

first post: BhavikHathi wrote: When I use AzureSinkSubscription to log my events in SLAB, how can ...

latest post: BhavikHathi wrote: It worked as expected. Thanks Randy !

answered by: randylevy wrote: The EventDate is stored as a DateTime type in the Azure table. You...

How to enable filters for listener in out-of-process

first post: lax4u wrote: sorry if i'm re-posting the question here again As per my this po...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Actually, in the out of process scenario an ETW Session is created ...

SqlDatabaseSink doesnt log into Logging DB

first post: lax4u wrote: Im trying to log into SQL Db using SqlDatabaseSink. However doesn't...

latest post: randylevy wrote: If you are debugging and stopped at a break point then the other th...

Error while running SemanticLogging-svc file

first post: lax4u wrote: i have downloaded EnterpriseLibrary.SemanticLogging.Service.1.1.140...

latest post: lax4u wrote: i have downloaded 1.1.1403.2 which was released today and now its w...

answered by: lax4u wrote: i have downloaded 1.1.1403.2 which was released today and now its w...

Question about semantic logging

first post: lax4u wrote: 1> In out-of-Process approach, the EventSource logs the messages di...

latest post: lax4u wrote: For the in-process approach, events are first sent to ETW and then...

How to configure Semantic Logging

first post: pljluca wrote: Hi all, I want to configure Semantic Logging by app.config but I ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: This blog entry talks a bit about it: http://blog.urth.org/2011/01/...

ASP.NET semantic logging to database with user impersonation uses app pool identity instead

first post: steverb38 wrote: Hi, I am using the semantic logging block (in-process) in an ASP....

latest post: steverb38 wrote: Hi Randy, Many thanks for the reply. That all makes perfect sense....

Is DateTime allowed as a parameter?

first post: matthewpomar wrote: I have this code: if (IsEnabled()) WriteEvent(17, sessionId, person...

latest post: matthewpomar wrote: Thanks Randy! I looked for this information, but couldn't find it....

answered by: randylevy wrote: I wrote about the valid types in [this thread](http://entlib.codepl...

Use SemanticLogging-svc.exe with Original EntLib Logging?

first post: DavidHerbst wrote: We looked at Semantic logging but we're pretty heavily invested in ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: If you increase the buffer size you may increase memory usage (assu...

answered by: randylevy wrote: If you increase the buffer size you may increase memory usage (assu...

Semantic logging of Process and Thread

first post: sgifford wrote: I am trying to understand using SLAB out of process. If I understa...

latest post: trentmswanson wrote: You should vote on this work item on the SLAB project sight here. [...