Discussions under Semantic Logging Application Block

IsEnabled in SLAB is returning always false

first post: sshankaran wrote: Hello, I am new to SLAB and having an issue. My write event is no...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Good to hear!

SqlDatabaseSink doesnt log into Logging DB

first post: lax4u wrote: Im trying to log into SQL Db using SqlDatabaseSink. However doesn't...

latest post: mdacar wrote: You probably don't have the database scripts. It's not like it giv...

SemanticLoggingEventSource.Log.CustomSinkUnhandledFault - where do these go?

first post: alvipeo wrote: Can anybody tell where do these messages go? I mean where can I fin...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The Semantic Logging Block locks the log files itself. So, as long...

answered by: randylevy wrote: Events from SemanticLoggingEventSource go where ever you tell them ...

Out-of-process logger stops logging when level is changed

first post: yevglerner wrote: I’ve developed a system that utilizes rollingFlatFileSink (rollFile...

latest post: edhaswell wrote: I seem to be having the same problem. I have a long-running app (a ...

answered by: randylevy wrote: Thanks for a good repro scenario. I was able to recreate the issue...

SLAB Querying Azure Table

first post: Nahim wrote: Is there a way to query EventEntries stored in Azure Table Storage....

latest post: randylevy wrote: The EventEntry class is not intended to be used to query Azure Stor...

Getting "unable to load one or more of the requested types" when starting semantic logging out-of-process service

first post: smchristensen wrote: I have a new 64-bit Windows Server 2012 install and downloaded vers...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Glad to hear that you resolved the issue. FYI: there is change pub...

answered by: smchristensen wrote: Thank you Randy for your help! I ran through your instructions and...

Can pass objects to the event writer method

first post: himpatel wrote: Here the method takes Guid as a parameter. Other supported paramete...

latest post: sbattagl wrote: This is awesome! Just what I was looking for. I was banging my head...

Any way to Modify the Payload when using SQL Sink out-of-process

first post: pbrinkleyrogers wrote: Hi, I'm using the SQL Sink, out-of-process (with the stock semant...

Design problems in using semantic logging in a real-world application

first post: hbelitz wrote: I started to play around with the semantic logging application blog...

latest post: randylevy wrote: You __can__ create one EventSource for your application but if you ...

SLAB on C++

first post: neriuy wrote: Hello, I would just like to confirm if Semantic Logging Applicat...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The issue seems to be with Newtonsoft: > Could not install package...