Discussions under Semantic Logging Application Block

SLAB logging to Windows EventLog

first post: wuzhenfei wrote: Hi there, After reviewing the design doc, I found SLAB will provi...

latest post: MichaelDBang wrote: OK, I have created (yet another) unofficial package for SLAB, compi...

Semantic Logging - Out of process

first post: saravanabharathi wrote: I have created dll called “SemanticLogging.CustomSink”. It will hav...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The -s option is trying to start the OOP service. It's hard to say...

Appending content in block blob

first post: saravanabharathi wrote: I have created these two method in azure custom sink for semantic l...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Seems like you are hitting some environmental and Azure issues. Fo...

Semantic Logging does not log the updated event source message in Out-Of-Process

first post: SathishVenugopal wrote: I am using Semantic Logging Out-Of-Process in my application. I hav...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Item #1 sounds like a schema caching issue similar to [this work it...

Adding action to execute on Exception before Handling error

first post: evirca wrote: Hello, I was trying to use ExceptionManager in combination with Sem...

latest post: randylevy wrote: There is no reason that you can't use a custom IExceptionHandler wi...

Semantic Logging Not logging to the Database in the Latest version

first post: janzalone wrote: I was testing the Semantic Logging Block to log to SQL Server but n...

latest post: janzalone wrote: Randy, Thanks that did the trick. I was still using the database f...

IsEnabled in SLAB is returning always false

first post: sshankaran wrote: Hello, I am new to SLAB and having an issue. My write event is no...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Good to hear!

SqlDatabaseSink doesnt log into Logging DB

first post: lax4u wrote: Im trying to log into SQL Db using SqlDatabaseSink. However doesn't...

latest post: mdacar wrote: You probably don't have the database scripts. It's not like it giv...

SemanticLoggingEventSource.Log.CustomSinkUnhandledFault - where do these go?

first post: alvipeo wrote: Can anybody tell where do these messages go? I mean where can I fin...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The Semantic Logging Block locks the log files itself. So, as long...

answered by: randylevy wrote: Events from SemanticLoggingEventSource go where ever you tell them ...

Out-of-process logger stops logging when level is changed

first post: yevglerner wrote: I’ve developed a system that utilizes rollingFlatFileSink (rollFile...

latest post: edhaswell wrote: I seem to be having the same problem. I have a long-running app (a ...

answered by: randylevy wrote: Thanks for a good repro scenario. I was able to recreate the issue...