Discussions under Building and extending application blocks

Need Advice on Enterprise Library 6.0 Deployment

first post: shekharsh wrote: Hi All, We have been using Enterprise Library since its version 2...

latest post: randylevy wrote: You can continue using the approach you describe. Deploying in the...

EntLib6 - EntLibConfig - Custom Validator not in menu

first post: cdpena wrote: Hi, I am attempting to add a custom validator to the list of vali...

latest post: cdpena wrote: Randy, Thank you for the quick response. I downloaded the EntLi...

Decoupling providers from configuration classes

first post: julealgon wrote: Hey there. I created my own "application block" some time ago, us...

Consecuitive logging with Microsoft Enterprise Library LogWriter

first post: retorikci wrote: Hi, I have asked the same question in stackowerflow also. I have ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The approach you posted should work. Instead of making two calls t...

Logging Client IP address

first post: denkyira wrote: I am using Enterprise Library 5.0 for logging and is working well. ...

latest post: denkyira wrote: Hi Randy, Thanks a lot

answered by: randylevy wrote: That looks OK. Just make sure to configure the formatter to log th...

Alternate method to SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet

first post: AkashChandok wrote: Hi, I am removing ApplicationBlock from my project. I need to fin...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Are you using the old SqlHelper? If that is the case then you can ...

Enterprise Library - persistence without stored procedures

first post: williamnwz wrote: Hello I'm experiencing a problem, I wanted to make the persistenc...

latest post: randylevy wrote: If you wish to log to a database without using the stored procedure...

Help with Custom Validation Provider & EnterpriseLibrary.ConfigConsoleV6.vsix

first post: KSaeedi wrote: I have written a custom validation provider to use with Config. Con...

latest post: KSaeedi wrote: Thanks a lot Randy. I didn't know that I can add the location of my...

answered by: randylevy wrote: If you are using the Config.Console then instead of copying the ass...

Migrate patterns & practices – Enterprise Library from 3.1.0.0 to 5.0.414.0

first post: raphielda wrote: Hello,I try to migrate my .NET project from VS2005 to VS2010 and th...

latest post: forX wrote: raphielda I know its long time ago. But did you found the librairie...

MSEntlib6 finally out...

first post: PiotrLuczak wrote: I've been waiting very long time to see that, and here it is, a com...