Discussions under Logging Application Block

How to implement Entlib in Class library

first post: spcool wrote: How to implement Entlib in Class library project and using this cla...

latest post: randylevy wrote: One important task to do before using the Logging Block is to boots...

Multiple Config Files

first post: spcool wrote: how to Select Entlib.config file at runtime i.e when logger.write m...

latest post: spcool wrote: thank you Randy..

Switch listeners and priority filters while runtime without application recycle

first post: sathishoncodeplex wrote: Hi , We are using Enterprise Library Logging Application Block 6.0 ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: There are a variety of ways you could go about it. Since you alrea...

log file has guids for filename

first post: rochelle wrote: Hello, Please help me understand why I am getting fileguids as th...

latest post: randylevy wrote: @sanjay10, thanks for providing steps to reproduce. It sounds like...

Enterprise Library 6 logging use msmqdistributor service

first post: tonymause wrote: Hello, I had a success project before using EL5.0 to log to MSMQ, t...

latest post: randylevy wrote: For information on signing assemblies see [How to: Sign an Assembly...

MSMQ Trace Listener get Messages from queue

first post: spcool wrote: can i write queue messages into text file or log file? pls help m...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Yes, you can direct queued LogEntry's to any trace listener. It is...

Invalid TraceListenerData type in configuration 'listenerDataType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.RollingFlatFileTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging"'.

first post: psmukilan wrote: Hi, I am getting the below errir while logging the trace details...

latest post: randylevy wrote: I would guess that the Enterprise Library assemblies (e.g. Microso...

TraceOutputOptions doesn't work

first post: vincent_wu01 wrote: Hi All, The following is my configuration, as you can see, I set ...

latest post: vincent_wu01 wrote: I see, this is good way to override other format, thanks a lot, thi...

answered by: randylevy wrote: If you remove the formatter, "TextFormatter", then you should see t...

Help: How to log exception to the same file?

first post: LeonM2 wrote: Hi, I am using EntLib 3.1 and I have a very simple configuratio...

latest post: sbattagl wrote: Never mind. My bad. I am trying to call the .Dispose method of the ...

EntLib 6 suggests using Programmatic configuration but does this not prevent changes without recompiling?

first post: kihonkai wrote: Just a little background first, I've known of the Enterprise Librar...

latest post: wiill wrote: Thank you for your feedback. I read a bit too fast, it is clearly ...