Discussions under Logging Application Block

Choose enabled categories by thread without affect others

first post: aolympio wrote: Hi Guys, Could you please help me in one stuff? In EntLib 5, How ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: As you found out, in general there is really just one configuration...

MSMQ TraceListener and WCF MSMQIntegrationBinding Problem

first post: AndyCR7 wrote: Hi, I have a WCF application that uses MSMQ Integration binding....

latest post: kiquenet wrote: Any sample console applications (Client and Server) for testing i...

Truncating flat file based on maximum log file size

first post: icnocop wrote: Hi. Thank you for Enterprise Library 5.0. It doesn't seem that ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Typically, trace listeners using file based access are synchronized...

How can the SqlDatabaseSink store the payload in separate columns?

first post: clarionprogrammer wrote: How can the SqlDatabaseSink store the payload in separate columns? ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Yes, that does seem like a bug in the documentation. Thanks for po...

Reload or refresh the configuration

first post: Naru wrote: I want to use the Logging block to log to a particular file for som...

latest post: randylevy wrote: > This would not happen unless it is in a multi-threaded environmen...

answered by: randylevy wrote: You should dispose all trace listeners before performing a reconfig...

Does EL Logging have hard dependency to Newtonsoft.Json.dll?

first post: allan49 wrote: Hello, Our application uses EL Logging application block. I think...

latest post: benhysell wrote: FYI for anyone who comes across this, if you attempt to ILMerge you...

Application Name in Logfile Name

first post: Jaster_mad wrote: Hello, I would like to use the Rolling File Appender to store Log...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Environment variables are another option. Enterprise Library expan...

Wait for logwriters

first post: Jaster_mad wrote: Hi, I am using the logging block in an async manner. However if t...

latest post: randylevy wrote: I don't disagree with you -- I was just focusing on the worst case ...

The configuration section for Logging cannot be found in the configuration source

first post: manishkj wrote: Hello, After I upgraded VS project to .NET 4.0, my enterprise lib...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Great to hear that it's working now.

answered by: randylevy wrote: EntLib3 should work with IIS6. If the application is working on one...

Enterprise Library Logging Injection Avoidance

first post: nkaufman wrote: Hello, A security scan on servers came with the conclusion that ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: There are a few options In order to mitigate the risks. One option...