Discussions under Logging Application Block

Writelog procedure returns a bigint instead of an int

first post: ruchinmunjal wrote: Hi, We are using Enterprise Library 5 for our logging, tracing an...

latest post: randylevy wrote: That's a lot of LogEntries (2 billion+)! The issue is that in the ...

EnterpriseLibraryContainer error

first post: Brewhutch wrote: Hi, I'm using Ent5 and try to create the email trace listener dyna...

latest post: Brewhutch wrote: It works. This is a key .WithOptions _ ...

InvalidCastException: Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.LoggingSettings. Conflicts with Ent Lib Ver 5 & 6

first post: SachinRChavan wrote: Hi, I am getting following invalid cast exception: System.Inval...

latest post: kiquenet wrote: Any full sample application in github or codeplex using Ent.Lib 5.0...

Upgradation of microsoft enterprise library 2.0 to 6.0

first post: guggas wrote: Hi, We are moving our project from .net 2.0 to 4.5.Along with this...

latest post: randylevy wrote: You could go through the Migration Guides and analyze the code to s...

Enterprise Library Logging - Specific Requirement

first post: StuartFerguson31 wrote: I have just started investigating the Enterprise Library Logging Bl...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The Rolling Flat File Trace Listener does support a RollInterval of...

The configuration section for Logging cannot be found in the configuration source

first post: AhmadTarabishi wrote: I have a class library which contains enterprise library dlls and I...

latest post: randylevy wrote: It sounds like the configuration is not being deployed. If you are...

Invalid TraceListenerData type in configuration 'listenerDataType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.RollingFlatFileTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging"'.

first post: SachinRChavan wrote: Hi, I am getting the below error while logging the trace details...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Did you also install the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Comm...

Enterprise library - sending email with attachment

first post: marioana wrote: Is it possible? I want to send also an attachment when I use the em...

latest post: MuraliPhaniKumar wrote: Hi Rajesh Can you explain with an example Thanks

System.ObjectDisposedException Message: Safe handle has been closed

first post: maird wrote: After deploying the latest EntLib (3.1), we're getting the followin...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Under the covers `Logger.Reset()` does a dispose with some addition...

Change Category for Listener's Errors

first post: venkatesh_bhupath wrote: We are using Logging Application Block to log the incoming message ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The answer is not really. Once a trace listener throws an exceptio...