Discussions under Exception Handling Application Block

Entlib Configuration based not working

first post: SME2020 wrote: Hi, Until Entlib4.1 I saw the behavior of making the things config...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The preferred approach these days is to use a flexible programmatic...

Could not use Microsoft Enterprise Library 1.1 on Windows 7 64 bit

first post: Castalina wrote: Hello my project is developped on Visual Studio 2008 but it's stil...

latest post: randylevy wrote: What version of .NET are you targeting? .NET 1.1 or 2.0 or somethin...

Adding action to execute on Exception before Handling error

first post: evirca wrote: Hello, I was trying to use ExceptionManager in combination with Sem...

latest post: randylevy wrote: There is no reason that you can't use a custom IExceptionHandler wi...

Exception Handling - Ent Lib 5.0

first post: stephenmbell wrote: I am new to the enterprise library, trying to add it to my visual s...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The message indicates that the .NET runtime is finding another "ver...

Upgradation of microsoft enterprise library 2.0 to 6.0

first post: guggas wrote: Hi, We are moving our project from .net 2.0 to 4.5.Along with this...

latest post: randylevy wrote: You could go through the Migration Guides and analyze the code to s...

Invalid TraceListenerData type in configuration 'listenerDataType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.RollingFlatFileTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging"'.

first post: psmukilan wrote: Hi, I am getting the below errir while logging the trace details...

latest post: randylevy wrote: I would guess that the Enterprise Library assemblies (e.g. Microso...

Enterprise Library Validation - If NOT NULL validation failed then should not check other validations

first post: amitm wrote: Validation - If NOT NULL validation failed then should not check ot...

latest post: amitm wrote: Thanks Randy... this is what which I was looking for. Thanks for al...

answered by: randylevy wrote: I think you want to use XML configuration. The validation should r...

Help: How to log exception to the same file?

first post: LeonM2 wrote: Hi, I am using EntLib 3.1 and I have a very simple configuratio...

latest post: sbattagl wrote: Never mind. My bad. I am trying to call the .Dispose method of the ...

EntLib 6 suggests using Programmatic configuration but does this not prevent changes without recompiling?

first post: kihonkai wrote: Just a little background first, I've known of the Enterprise Librar...

latest post: wiill wrote: Thank you for your feedback. I read a bit too fast, it is clearly ...

MSMQ Distributor issues with 2010 version

first post: pwalia wrote: Hi, I am using Enterprise Library 5.0 to log exceptions in MSMQ li...

latest post: SivasankarS wrote: Hi, I am facing the same issue here, could not find a solution yet...