Discussions under Exception Handling Application Block

Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ActivationException was unhandled by user code

first post: KlbPadilla wrote: I have this problem: An exception of type 'Microsoft.Practices.Se...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Somewhere in the code it is trying to use the exception policy name...

Error being thrown when using Exception Handling

first post: andyedwards12 wrote: Hi, i'm getting the following error: The current build operation ...

latest post: andyedwards12 wrote: I tried removing and re-referencing dll's to my different projects,...

answered by: andyedwards12 wrote: I tried removing and re-referencing dll's to my different projects,...

Exception handler issue when upgrading from 4.1 to 6

first post: andyedwards12 wrote: Hi, I am getting this error message after upgrading from Enterprise...

latest post: andyedwards12 wrote: That worked perfectly! Thanks for you help.

answered by: randylevy wrote: > We use the "ExceptionPolicy.HandleException(...)" line in hundred...

Writing Flat File Trace Listener with a LogWriter

first post: daemons88 wrote: Hi good day! My problem is with LogWriter when i want write repea...

latest post: daemons88 wrote: Ok thanks for all

answered by: randylevy wrote: The issue is here: ``` c# public UserController(IPersonaBLL pe...

Exception Handling - Ent Lib 5.0

first post: stephenmbell wrote: I am new to the enterprise library, trying to add it to my visual s...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Yes, the references look good. The message occurs because at runti...

Enterprise Library 6.0 : How to use Exception Manager instance in different project Layers?

first post: psarunkumar wrote: Hi Friends, I have created this class to configure the exception ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: If you are not injecting dependencies (using a container such as Un...

Exception & Logging Application Block: Returning the ErrorID

first post: Surajpatnaik wrote: Hi there, I can see, for Logging/Exception Handling, the the Wri...

latest post: alexdinu wrote: Thank you for confirming. Alex

Return new record Id after logging an exception (EL 4.1)

first post: alexdinu wrote: We are writing exception details in a custom table using a stored p...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Unfortunately, there is no explicit place in the interface to retur...

Textformatter error template

first post: jarluque wrote: I have this configuration in my application, it work correctly, how...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Before logging, the exception formatter, `TextExceptionFormatter`, ...

Why does entlib 6.0 need .net 4.5?

first post: ranjithvenkatesh wrote: We have an application that is deployed in XP, Vista, 7 and 8 in 32...

latest post: randylevy wrote: One reason is that some features (such as Semantic Logging) depend ...