Discussions under Data Access Application Block

Ent Lib 5.0 and ODP.NET not managed, EntLib Contrib, ASP.NET 4.5 (.NET 4.5) and x64

first post: kiquenet wrote: I have this issue, I'll try explain it I use Windows Server 20...

Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type OracleDatabase, key "" - Activation Exception

first post: dshah41 wrote: Hello All, We are using Enterprise Library building block 5.0 to ...

latest post: kiquenet wrote: Is it possible use Ent Lib 5.0 and ODP.NET not managed (Oracle.Data...

answered by: dshah41 wrote: Hi Randy, Thanks for your prompt reply. I could fix the issue. I...

Using Unity with Data App Block

first post: gravy wrote: Hi. I have started using Unity (DI) in my application. This also ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The Database class is thread-safe. It doesn't maintain any instanc...

answered by: randylevy wrote: Yes, typically you would use constructor injection and inject the D...

GetBytes() for ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior.SequentialAccess ) return special byte

first post: gelbert wrote: Hi, Did anyone encountered issue of GetBytes() for ExecuteReader( ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: I don't think Enterprise Library provides a method to set the Comma...

Problem with Custom TraceListener and Unit Tests

first post: mseifert wrote: Hello again! I am in the process of trying to unit test logging t...

latest post: randylevy wrote: That __is__ very weird. I did see that some people had the same ex...

Custom db provider factory while maintaining usage of SqlDatabase

first post: olle wrote: I need to use a custom db provider factory (it wraps System.Data.Sq...

latest post: Serboy wrote: Hi, Can I get a sample project on how we can implement your code...

Version 6 - DAAB or EF?

first post: oscarzarate wrote: Hi there, I haven't used DAAB for ages and I thought it was dead ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: There are some performance articles available on the web. The data...

Security Application Block and ElntLib 6

first post: AB_dreeve wrote: We have an application we are developing which already makes use of...

latest post: randylevy wrote: The Security Application Block has been deprecated and removed from...

Custom Oracle Trace Listener not appearing in Config Tool

first post: mseifert wrote: Hello again! First of all, thanks for your help with my previous i...

latest post: mseifert wrote: Thanks again Randy. This worked perfectly.

answered by: randylevy wrote: Just to be sure we are on the same page you are right-clicking the ...

Enterprise Library 6.0 - Exception when using LogWriterFactory.Create method

first post: mseifert wrote: Hello! I have been trying to work up a proof of concept for my com...

latest post: randylevy wrote: [CoreBuildTraceListener](http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mi...

answered by: randylevy wrote: [CoreBuildTraceListener](http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mi...