Discussions under Enterprise Library Core

What happened with the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ContainerModel namespace?

first post: betodelle wrote: Hi all I'm trying to extend Enterprise Library and I'm following ...

latest post: betodelle wrote: Now It's working as expected. Thanks Randy.

answered by: randylevy wrote: The approach in version 6 is simplified because instead of overridi...

Validation Application Block 5.0 not reading configuration (rule set)

first post: vivek_cs wrote: ValidatorFactory valFactory = EnterpriseLibraryContainer.Current.Ge...

Choose enabled categories by thread without affect others

first post: aolympio wrote: Hi Guys, Could you please help me in one stuff? In EntLib 5, How ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: As you found out, in general there is really just one configuration...

Hanging when I execute EnterpriseLibraryContainer.Current.GetInstance<Database>(ConnectionStringName);

first post: smallmj wrote: Hi, Is there any reason why this code would cause hanging? The ...

latest post: randylevy wrote: You can download the Enterprise Library 5 source code from the Down...

Can I change the connection string if I use EnterpriseLibraryContainer.Current.GetInstance<Database>(..)

first post: smallmj wrote: Hi I am connecting to a database using EnterpriseLibraryContainer...

latest post: smallmaj wrote: Thanks. That works. Just to be clear - I want to use encrypted con...

answered by: randylevy wrote: > Is it possible to get at the providerMappings objects before I do...

Specify multiple config file in enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource

first post: sajidalibaig wrote: Let me give some background to our requirement. We have a in house ...

latest post: sajidalibaig wrote: Thanks Randy, This worked for us with small change.

answered by: randylevy wrote: You can use the merge configuration source approach outlined in thi...

<DbProviderFactories> causing System.TypeInitializationException - can I choose whether to call it or not?

first post: smallmj wrote: Hi, I had a problem with ODP.Net causing Exceptions in the stateme...

latest post: randylevy wrote: I'm not sure what type of application you have. However, one optio...

answered by: randylevy wrote: I'm not sure what type of application you have. However, one optio...

GetInstance<Database>(anything) gives ActivationException when platform target set to x86

first post: smallmj wrote: Hi, I get an ActivationException when I try to get an instance of ...

latest post: smallmj wrote: Thanks That solved the problem.

answered by: randylevy wrote: **smallmj wrote:** > So, if I set my build platform to x86, I shoul...

Enterprise Config 6.0 Configuration Console tool cannot open

first post: satishn wrote: EntLibConfig.exe is not getting open, it gives alert message "Enter...

latest post: satishn wrote: Thanks Randy for your detailed help, much appreciated. Now able to ...

answered by: randylevy wrote: Sounds like there is an issue with incorrect assembly versions. Th...

The configuration section for Logging cannot be found in the configuration source

first post: manishkj wrote: Hello, After I upgraded VS project to .NET 4.0, my enterprise lib...

latest post: randylevy wrote: Great to hear that it's working now.

answered by: randylevy wrote: EntLib3 should work with IIS6. If the application is working on one...