Documentation Problem (EntLib)

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Caching Application Block , Cryptography Application Block, Data Access Application Block, Enterprise Library Core, Exception Handling Application Block, General discussion, Logging Application Block, Policy Injection Application Block, Pre-release discussions, Security Application Block, Validation Application Block
May 3, 2007 at 3:43 PM
The documentation shown in

http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2899

does not work.

I can dowload it. When I click on the help file I get "The Page cannot be displayed"
May 3, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Windows has a security "feature" that can cause problems with CHMs downloaded from the web. Here's what you need to do:
  1. Download the CHM
  2. Right-click on the file and choose Properties
  3. Press the button marked Unblock
  4. Close the dialog
The CHM should then work fine.

Tom
May 4, 2007 at 1:47 PM
Interesting,

This must be a feature of IE, with Firefox it just allows you to run it. Thanks for the tip (although I've not experienced it myself)

Gareth
May 11, 2007 at 1:55 AM
I can open it with firefox also but it's a longer process; I just can't double click on the file and have it open (I have to essentially "download" it etc all the time). Is there documenation in say MS Word Format or pdf format?
Interesting to know that an MS Product does not open in IE but functions in a competing product.

Gareth wrote:
Interesting,

This must be a feature of IE, with Firefox it just allows you to run it. Thanks for the tip (although I've not experienced it myself)

Gareth
{quote}