Exception with Exception handling.

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
May 2, 2007 at 6:42 AM
I've two issues with the exception handling application blocks.

1. I can easily create a Fault Contract Exception Handler with the Enterprise Library Configuration Console but when I try to create a Fault Contract Exception Handler within the IDE I've only four handlers listed, and the Fault Contract Exception Handler is missing. Why?

2. When every application that I've developed using Enterprise Library Application Block is run, I get this exception....
An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for exceptionHandling: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (C:\EntLib3Src\Quick Starts\ExceptionHandling\Copy of CS\Host\bin\Debug\Host.vshost.exe.config line 4)

????????????????????
I've searched the entire net to get a solution for these 2 issues.....
Please somebody help..
May 7, 2007 at 11:05 AM
I have the same experience. Have you fond out what this could be?

could it be something with a another version/copy in GAC?
May 7, 2007 at 12:36 PM
I found this post in Tom Hollander's blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/tomholl/archive/2007/04/19/avoiding-configuration-pitfalls-with-incompatible-copies-of-enterprise-library.aspx

So in my case the problem was when I use the Enterprise Library Configuration tool, it uses the strong-named signed DLL which is installed under \Program files\Microsoft Enteprise Library 3.0 - April 2007\bin, while my project reference was pointing to the DLL in the source (usually installed in: C:\EntLib3Src\App Blocks\bin.

The solution then is either use the same DLLs as the configuration-tool or recompile the tool with the desired DLLs.