Email TraceListener - SMTP server needs authenication?

Topics: Logging Application Block
Apr 27, 2007 at 9:45 PM
Hello,

My SMTP server requires authentication for relay, and I cannot find anything related to that in the configuration options.. Is there a way to specify credentials so my Email Trace Listener has any value? Otherwise it's unable to e-mail anything..

Thanks,

Alex
Apr 29, 2007 at 6:50 PM
So, anyone? Or since a new version has been released nobody cares about issues in the older versions? How to authenticate with SMTP to utilize Email Trace Listener???
Apr 30, 2007 at 3:48 PM
The EmailTraceListener included with the block doesn't support this (in any version). However it shouldn't be too hard to add support for this yourself.

Tom
Apr 30, 2007 at 4:01 PM
Actually I just found an implementation here
May 1, 2007 at 4:50 AM
Tom,

Thanks a lot! For some reason I completely forgot that there is source code available.. Thanks for the link as well - I'll take a look at that, but the actual implementation is just a few lines of code, so I will adjust the source.

On a side note, do you think it would be nice to add that functionality to the latest build? It will be useful for most people, since nowadays hardly any SMTP servers allow unauthenticated access.

Thanks again.

Alex
May 1, 2007 at 4:51 AM
Oh, and the important side note - congratulations on the latest release! I haven't tried that version, but I'm sure it's great. Thanks for all the good work, guys! Appreciate it.

Alex