EntLib 3.0 installation failed.

Topics: General discussion
Apr 24, 2007 at 3:12 PM
I got an error when I tried to install EntLib 3.0. The error is talking about "unable to find BlockFactoryInstaller.dll assembly" in visual studio 2005 installation folder. I have already installed the latest GAX and GAT, and brefore I've tried CTP versions but un-installed already.

Pls advice.

Thanks.
Apr 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM
I don't know what would cause the problem, but I checked my PC and there is a BlockFactoryInstaller.dll located in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

I assume it gets installed as part of the installation.

You may want to uninstall 3.0 and trying installing again. You may also want to redownload the Ent Lib 3.0 MSI as maybe the one you have is perhaps corrupted for some reason.

Other than that, I am not sure of how to fix the problem. Tom may have better answers.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Apr 29, 2007 at 10:14 AM
Hi Dave,

I can't find any Enterprise Library related DLL files in
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\. (I installed VS2005 on driver d:)

I've re-installed the latest CTP version of GAX, and re-downloaded the Enterprise Library 3.0 package, still got the error.

When will these files be installed?

DavidHayden wrote:
I don't know what would cause the problem, but I checked my PC and there is a BlockFactoryInstaller.dll located in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

I assume it gets installed as part of the installation.

You may want to uninstall 3.0 and trying installing again. You may also want to redownload the Ent Lib 3.0 MSI as maybe the one you have is perhaps corrupted for some reason.

Other than that, I am not sure of how to fix the problem. Tom may have better answers.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#

Apr 30, 2007 at 3:29 PM
I don't know. I just looked for the dll and found it in that directory.

The full name of the dll is 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.BlockFactoryInstaller.dll' and it is dated the same date as my Enterprise Library 3.0 Assemblies, so I can only assume that it is installed as part of EntLib 3.0.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
May 1, 2007 at 12:23 AM
Hello,

how resolve this problem :

Package Load Failure

Package 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration.EnterpriseLibraryIntegrationPackage, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' has failed to load properly ...

Thanks
May 22, 2007 at 6:52 PM
I had the same issue about the "BlockFactoryInstaller". I also received "Unable to get installer types in the d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\....\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.StrongNamingGuidancePackageInstaller.dll assembly" when trying install Enterprise Library 3.0

Any advice, please?