Is anyone able to strong name EL 3.0? I am having a horrific time.
1. I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional, I have Guidance Automation Extensions February CTP installed.
2. I open up the EnterpriseLibrary.NUnit.sln solution.
3. I choose Tools > Guidance Package Manager
4. I click "Enable / Disable Guidance Packages"
5. I select the "Strong Naming Guidance Package", and close all of the dialogs
6. I right-click on the solution root, and choose "Strong-name all projects in this solution or solution folder".
7. I provide the .snk file and select the "Update InternalsVisibleTo".
8. And click OK
9. I right-click on the solution root and select Build
At this point I get hundreds of errors about it cannot find assemblies, well that is because none of the assemblies built, so the ones that reference it cannot build either. Am I missing something? How come the solution does not build if you strong name the
I am posting a reply to myself, I figured it out, hopefully this helps other people. There is apparently an issue with the Strong Naming Guidance Package, when it updates the InternalVisibleTo attribute, the public key is all uppercase, but the real public
key is not, therefore it does not match and the compiler says the public key is invalid.
For example, the Strong Naming Guidance Package inserted the following public key into all of my InternalVisibleTo:
but the actual public key was: