Log exception, configuration could not be created

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Mar 26, 2007 at 2:33 PM
The type Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.LoggingExceptionHandler, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from configuration could not be created.

I keep getting the above error when there is an exception raised. I understand this question has been asked many times, I went thru the threads and have taken the steps suggested. Both the ExceptionHandling & ExceptionHandling.Logging are referenced, as Common & ObjectBuilder and Logging. It used to work just fine and it kind of stop working all of a sudden.

Sometime I can get it to work again if I recreate the app.config using just the EntLib configuration tool, and sometime if I delete my application data from the Document & Settings\...\application data folder. But after couple try I would still run into this problem, constantly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mar 26, 2007 at 3:40 PM
Oops never mind, i think i found out why this is happening, I was looking at the bin\debug folder when I did a compile, and I saw all the DLLs are being copied, except the ExceptionHandling.* & Logging, so they got removed somehow after each compile....
Mar 26, 2007 at 6:56 PM
try here mate http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=8283

Cheers,

Wes