VS Integrated Configuration Editor Problems...

Topics: General discussion
Mar 21, 2007 at 2:42 AM
I hate to be negative, but the VS Integrated Configuration Editor has been questionable ever since it was released. I avoid using it, because it crashes and is quite unpredictable about working. It is truly not the same as the Stand Alone Configuration Editor that consistently works. I hope you guys are truly fixing the VS Editor, because it is unfit for use.

I mention the obvious crashing here which I can repeat every single time.

Feb 2007 CTP - Integrated VS Config Editor Still Errors

and the person who mentioned this:

Environment Overrides' settings disappear after reopening App.config

is absolutely correct. The VS Integrated Configuration Editor does not work with Environmental Overrides. You have to use the Stand Alone Configuration Editor which works just fine.

Please fix it :)

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Mar 21, 2007 at 2:51 AM
One other thing I noticed. When I only remove an Environment from the configuration, the configuration editors mark the configuration as dirty and ask me to re-save the configuration.

That shouldn't happen since by removing an environment I haven't actually changed anything in the configuration file.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Mar 21, 2007 at 5:38 AM
Sorry Dave and everyone. We have made some fixes to the integrated tool after the February CTP so (touch wood) the stability should be much improved in the final release.

Tom